Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Life is a Beach






It was a georgous morning in Seattle so we headed down to Alki to go for a walk and play. Addie played in the sand for a while and I gave Calvin a bottle (we made it 500 feet before he threw a fit). After Addie had worn herself out chasing the birds, throwing rocks in the ocean and playing in the sand we walked to the end of the beach. Since it was after breakfast, I had not packed a snack but Addie of course wanted a snack to eat in the stroller (I think we have classically conditioned her since we always give her a snack when we go for a walk). I explained that we would have to wait and after a fuss she quited down, then at the end of the trail she ran up to the picnic table, climbed up and sat down and said she could have a snack now. Poor thing thought that the snacks would magically appear if she sat at the table like a good girl and was not too happy to learn that wasnt the case... being a good mom I ofcourse took a photo :). Needless to say it was a long walk back to the car with no snacks and a child that didnt quite understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment