I read about a tradition that I thought would be nice for Addie since she
loves books. Each night during the month of November we open 1 book from a row
of 23 wrapped and placed along the mantel. There are so many great Christmas
books, my mom would always get out the Christmas books each yerar and I remember
how fun it was to get to read them all again. The first book was Elf on the
Shelf (Addie has named her elf Elfie and loves seeing where he is and saying
"Hi" to him). She wants a shopping cart for Christmas and is starting to get the
whole Santa brings gifts to good little children. The second book we read this
morning while Damien was still here was the Polar Express. Over the next few
weeks we have Babar's Christmas, Madelines Christmas, Carls Christmas, the Wild
Christmas Reindeer and many more. I am looking forward to reading them all with
her, the last one will ne the Night Before Christmas on December 24th. It should
be a fun tradition for all of us. You can see all the books wrapped on the
mantle in the picture, so far Addie hasnt climbed up to get them down and unwrap
them all; but I probably will have to check on her if she is too quiet in the
living room for more than a minute or two.

No comments:
Post a Comment