Friday, June 22, 2012

Waiting game

So, the kids get to come with me to the office for 4 hours while we wait for a delivery. No problem (that was my thought at the beginning of the week). Last night the no problem thinking turned to "what the hell was I thinking." So I packed toys, books, puzzles snacks and the ever valuable iPad. I got there a little early to clear space.

9:30, maybe I can do this....

9:45 Addie had plowed through most snack and Calvin has found his new favorite toy the paper shredder.

9:55 I build a barricade to keep kids out of all the fabric and fragile items.

10:00 I start praying that I will be the first stop since I am at the South end of Seattle.....

10:10 I start thinking I am only 10 minutes in and have 3 hours and 50 minutes left... Oh god.

10:20 Calvin is crawling into cupboards and under the desk, trying a pack and play proves disastrous with Calvin screaming beyond belief, the office manager comes out to check and make sure that everything is OK. (no I am not torturing my children, I just set him down in a #$%& pack and play)

10:25 I hear a truck and my phone rings....oh THANK GOD! I am the first stop. Now we can go home, with what was a very long hour of my life behind me....

No comments:

Post a Comment