I have never seen so many people happy to wait for a parking space, happy to wait in line for groceries or just plain happy while grocery shopping. It is amazing what Trader Joes can do to people. Today was the opening day so I headed over with Calvin to check it out, I didn't need many groceries which was good since I had to park two blocks away. I got there at 10 thinking it should have died down from the 8 am opening, they were restocking already so it must have been busy earlier as well but it was pretty packed... Tons of kids, a steel drum band, balloon animals, it was a little crazy but fun. Calvin enjoyed the trip, almost grabbing some wine off the shelf (which would have made the trip less enjoyable). Looking forward to having a Trader Joes in the neighborhood.
The sun is out here in Seattle so I am turning off the heat in the house and opening up all the windows. What a great feeling to be welcoming Spring finally. We will probably sit out on the deck for a few hours today and soak up some of the glorious sunshine! Calvin seems to be all back to normal from the mood he was in for the trip to Socal. The rash he had is all gone, no more red bumps everywhere, I think the poor boy was allergic to something and may have a few teeth coming in to top it all off.


No comments:
Post a Comment