It was a great weekend in Seattle, yesterday was a great day with sunshine and some heat to boot. We started the morning by finishing the enourmous task of clearing out Maple. We handed the keys over at 9:30 to our new tenants, a great family of 4 who I think will love the house and the yard as much as we did. From there we had our first birthday party that Addie has been to... one word to describe 20 kids running around hopped up on sugar, ANARCHY. I think that should we ever have a kids party of that scale the house will be uncleaned the week leading up to it because it will get nuked within 5 minutes of everyones arrival. It was actually quite cute, the Birthday boy, our neighbor, was just walking around opening up gifts and was still in his pajamas, he was doing whatever he wanted when he wanted to and that is really what a birthday should be. We then had our fmaily portraits at Lincoln Park, a little bit of a challenge considering that Addie had a limited nap since she had been with Grandmama and Grandad in the morning. I think that they got some good pics and look forward to sharing them with everyone. Needless to say it was an early night for the kids which worked well so Damien and I could enjoy our celebratory landlord dinner of New York Steaks.
Today we went for a nice long walk down to Admiral Junction, Addie and Calvin fell asleep in the stroller on the way back. Our new double wide stroller is working out very well and I look forward to tons more use. Damien left for Dallas late afternoon so I got out to the Farmers market to grab some time by myself and picked up some Sweet Peas that are helping our didning room smell wonderful. I also decided since I didnt have the kids I should take advantage and stop into Matador for a Tamarindo and some nachos. I sent Damien a photo with the subject "Jealous" to which he sent back a picture of Addie crying (she had just woken up from a nap) saying her tears were salting my martgarita. Atleast we both have a sense of humor. So tonight it has just been the kids and I, we have been watching movies in bed which is a treat for Addie (She could care less about the movie but likes being in our bed) so hopefully it will be a quiet night.
No comments:
Post a Comment